It was built by William Erwin, for whom the
town of Erwinna is named. William's father Arthur, an Irish
immigrant, purchased the land in 1761.
It was part of the original land grant given
to William Penn by King Charles II of England in 1681. A portion
of the house was constructed in 1800 and another wing in 1820.
Following the death of William's daughter in 1846, the home was
sold to local miller Henry Stover. Henry's son Jacob added
another wing in the 1860. The Stovers held on to the house until
1955 when descendent John J. Stover turned the property and the
126 acres to Bucks as the county's first public park. Today the
house is open for tours from June to October.